The Community Programs Department was created to address isolation and marginalization of men, women and families living with HIV/AIDS.
The program promotes social integration, health and well being, which help in developing a sense of belonging and community among residents and within the larger community.
The staff team oversees the Wellness Centre at our Sherbourne site which provides a variety of services offered by professionals free of charge. Alternative therapies are very popular with people living with HIV/AIDS and the team strive to provide a variety of opportunities for residents and clients in all programs. Currently the following therapies are being offered on a regular basis:
- Touch Therapy
- Polarity therapy
- Registered Massage Therapy
- Accupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Shiatsu Massage Therapy
To read testimonials from clients/residents accessing the Wellness Centre click here.
Social/Recreational Programs provide access to a range of activities, services and outlets for residents/clients including:
- Meal programming – providing congregate dining
- Nutritional education and meal planning
- Workshops on financial literacy, health, benefits, community services
- Group outings for shopping, recreational activities, performances
- Gentle Chair Yoga
- Expressive Arts
- Gardening Club
- Camera Club
- Dental Hygienists
- Hair Cuts