Founded in 1988, Fife House is an innovative, client-focused provider of secure and supportive affordable housing and support services to people and families living with HIV/AIDS in the Greater Toronto Area. It is recognized as a North American leader in its delivery of services, which are focused on enhancing quality of life, building on individual strengths and promoting independence – recognizing that access to secure and affordable housing is a key determinant for the health and well-being of people living with HIV.
Each year, on average, Fife House serves more than 300 residents/clients through our supportive and transitional housing programs, and an additional 300+ clients through our outreach program for persons experiencing houselessness and living outdoors.
In 2020, Fife House was awarded the Toronto Star Readers’ Choice Award Diamond Winner for Best Non Profit/Foundation.
Our VisionEveryone living with HIV/AIDs has the right to quality, stable homes in a society free of stigma.
Our MissionFife House provides secure affordable housing and support services to anyone living with HIV/AIDs and works to achieve social change through research and advocacy that addresses systemic oppression.
Our Philosophy of Care
We provide our services in order to enhance quality of life, build on individual strengths and promote independence.
Fife House is committed to the principles of GIPA/MEPA, the objectives outlined in the Ontario Accord, and strives to embody these directives with care and compassion throughout all of our work.
At Fife House, we believe in the following values:
- Access to secure and affordable housing is a key determinant for the health and well-being of people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Our services must be provided in a flexible manner in order to meet the diverse needs of residents, clients and those who support them.
- Co-operation, collaboration and partnership with other service agencies is essential to the delivery of focused, cost-effective services.
- Principles of equity, access and respect of diverse communities are the cornerstone to helping people living with HIV/AIDS thrive.
- The meaningful involvement of diverse communities of people living with HIV/AIDS is essential to building and leading our agency to bring about positive and lasting change.
- Our research informs our direction through knowledge creation, transfer and exchange that lead to improved services that enhance the quality of health outcomes and lives for people living with HIV/AIDS.
- All people have the right to live and work in an environment of mutual respect, compassion and dignity.
- Hope is essential.
Fife House is committed to transparency and accountability to community. Click here to view our Annual Reports and Audited Financial Statements.
Learn more >
Founded in 1988, Fife House was established by a group of community members who were inspired by the story of George Fife, a local lawyer who lost his struggle with AIDS.
Learn more >
Fife House strives to offer meaningful, caring and impactful programs and services that enable our clients to thrive.