The safety of clients, residents and staff at Fife House is paramount. Given the external environment and the emphasis on physical distancing and reducing the number of people that come into the organization, it is critical that steps are taken to reduce and minimize opportunities for transmission. Further, it is essential that all people who are in the building maintain infection control practices and are able to be monitored for compliance.
All restrictions are updated as the provincial, regional and organizational COVID-19 situation evolves and are intended to supersede any Fife House visitor policies that are currently in place.
Effective September 2021, Fife House will continue to implement the following guidelines:
- All visitors at all Fife House service locations will be screened with exposure criteria and signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Visitors cannot enter Fife House sites if they have any signs of acute respiratory illness or fever (i.e., sore throat, cough, runny nose, muscle or joint aches or pains) even when symptoms are mild.
- Visitors will be required to strictly adhere to infection control standards and expectations including self-monitoring for symptoms, hand hygiene, and the wearing of a mask at all times when on-site.
- For clients with limited English proficiency, language lines and translation services must be made available.
- Supporting Clients and Caregivers:
- Where possible, clinical areas will communicate the visitor restrictions during COVID-19 to clients prior to their appointments during pre-appointment phone calls.
- To facilitate communication between clients and support people who are unable to accompany them to their visits, the use of alternate methods of communication (e.g. Zoom, Face Time, Skype) is encouraged.
- If clients or visitors have concerns relating to the essential visitors restrictions they may speak to the corresponding Manager or Coordinator who will further consider and adjudicate their appeal. In urgent situations the Manager on Call may be contacted.
- Clients may also contact the Executive Director at 416-205-9888 or email@example.com with their concerns.
The approach to visitor restrictions is informed by evidence, and ethical principles and guidelines for decision-making.