Fife House continues to follow the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and Fife House continues to monitor the evolving COVID-19 pandemic and follow the expert guidance provided by our colleagues at Toronto Public Health and the Ministry of Health. We know you have many questions and I would like to take the opportunity to answer them:
Is Fife House Open?
Yes. Fife House provides supportive housing and support services for persons living with HIV/AIDS and, along with the other health and support services, we are considered an essential service under Ontario’s Declaration of a State of Emergency. Our services, including residential sites, homeless outreach and food security supports continue to help those in need. Where possible, services have been moved online and physical distancing measures are being encouraged. Services in some cases have been moved online, while social distancing measures have been put in place across all programs. Additionally, we have taken the extra precautions to restrict visitors at all of our sites in an effort to promote the health and wellness of our clients and staff.
How can I help?
Financial donations allow us to purchase needed supplies and continue to provide key services that help address social isolation, food security and support community health and wellness during this critical time. You can donate online at www.fifehouse.org/donate or send a donation by mail to:
Fife House Foundation
490 Sherbourne St., 2nd Floor
Toronto, ON M4X 1K9
How are you protecting the health and wellness of clients and staff?
Fife House has been preparing for widespread transmission of COVID-19 since early January. At this time, we have taken a number of measures:
- Fife House’s Pandemic Management Team has been activated and meets twice daily
- Daily updates and twice-weekly conference calls are supporting the timely distribution of information and guidance to all staff
- Staff without direct client accountabilities have been supported to work from home
- Screening protocols have been implemented for all staff with direct client accountabilities
- Visitors are actively restricted across all of Fife House’s sites
- Staff have access to Personal Protective Equipment if necessary
- Increased housekeeping services have been implemented and commonly touched services are being regularly disinfected
- All clients and staff are encouraged to practice health hygiene and physical (social) distancing practices
- All volunteer opportunities have been put on hold temporarily
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out if there are any questions or concerns that we have not addressed.
With warm regards and gratitude for your continued support,
Interim Executive Director