1930 – 2011
After the Wellesley Central Hospital closed in 1998, the buildings and lands remained the property of The Wellesley Institute. This organization embarked on an ambitious ten-year project to build an “urban village” on the site of the former hospital. The development was headed by Ronald Robertson – a past Chair of Fasken Martineau and Vice Chair of the Wellesley Institute’s Board of Directors. The development project closest to Ron’s heart was the supportive housing complex on the site that provides secure, affordable housing for seniors and those living with HIV/AIDS.
To recognize Ron’s outstanding contribution to the community, the Wellesley Central Residence Inc (WCRI) Board consulted with his family to establish the Ron Robertson Enhancement Programme. Funds raised for this program will be used to maximize and strengthen the quality of life of the Sherbourne residents. Funds will be allocated by the WRCI Board through a granting system that will review proposals, based on merit, relevance, and benefit to residents. The Fund will be held separately by Fife House Foundation, who will issue charitable tax receipts for eligible donations and disburse funds on the direction of the Board.
To make a donation in honour of Ron, you can contact our Development Office (416-205-9888, ext. 241) or donate immediately using the form below.