The Ontario Harm Reduction Network (in partnership with Fife House) created an 3-hour certificate module about HIV. Hear real stories from the lived experiences of people living with HIV, and why it matters.
The course is designed as a basic introduction to a very complex topic. It is aimed at health and social service providers in Ontario with limited to no understanding of HIV, and is open to everyone.
You can go through the modules at your own pace. The course is a mixture of tutorial videos and quizzes, and incorporates stories and perspectives of people with lived experience.
- Assist workers in supporting people who are at risk of, or who are already living with HIV
- Gain accurate information about transmission and prevention
- Learn about HIV/AIDS, testing, treatments, and support
- Understand the connections between mental health, substance use, stigma and discrimination
- Talk about sex and drugs!