The past year saw a steady demand for our services, with 600 people living with HIV/AIDS provided with supportive housing and support services through our various programs.
We believe that…
- Access to secure and affordable housing is a key determinant for the health and well-being of people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Our services must be provided in a flexible manner in order to meet the diverse needs of residents, clients and those who support them.
- Co-operation, collaboration and partnership with other service agencies are essential to the delivery of focused, cost-effective services.
- Principles of equity, access and respect of diverse communities are the cornerstone to helping people living with HIV/AIDS to thrive.
- The meaningful involvement of diverse communities of people living with HIV/AIDS is essential to building and leading our agency to bring about positive and lasting change.
- Our research informs our direction through knowledge creation, transfer and exchange that lead to improved services that enhance the quality of health outcomes and lives of people living with HIV/AIDS.
- All people have the right to live and work in an environment of mutual respect, compassion and dignity.
- Hope is essential.
To achieve the Fife House mission – to provide secure and affordable supportive housing and supportive housing services to people living with HIV/AIDS – we have six program objectives:
- to provide housing opportunities that are secure and affordable;
- to provide services that enhance the quality of life and promote the independence of residents/clients;
- to work in partnership with residents/clients and their natural supports;
- to work in cooperation and partnership with other community service providers;
- to utilize volunteer support in the provision of services to residents/clients; and
- to evaluate the effectiveness of programs.